Friday, July 26, 2013

BUT...

Down 16 pounds BUT... losing muscle.

Doesn't seem possible if you are working out 3 times a week that you could lose muscle. I mean really if are you losing weight, I could understand that you might lose some muscle BUT I'm also gaining fat? Really?!?

What a mystery - really this getting healthy thing isn't easy and it's not about following a diet or exercising, I AM DOING BOTH - it's about figuring out why things happen the way they do.

You can tell by the fact that I'm down 16 pounds I am "dieting".  I am exercising. I am seeing 2B two days a week and working out with her plus I am following a home exercise program, sooo I should be gaining muscle. BUT I am not.

Theory is if you under eat, your body will go to and use muscle for energy rather then fat (because the body is defending itself - so it uses the item using the most calories - muscle).

The theory fits well with the fact that I was normally eating 800 calories a day and wasn't losing weight BUT ugh... REALLY whoever heard of telling a heavy, person trying to lose weight, to eat more to lose weight?

If I wasn't going to 2B I would have thought I was doing fantastically. Exercising, losing weight moving along. BUT she points out the obviously flaw. If I'm losing muscle this isn't a good thing.

This journey won't be quick and it won't be easy BUT the good news is,  it's nice to have someone trying to help figure it out because I'm fresh out of ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment